What is Young Minds Academy?Young Minds Academy (YMA) is a youth leadership and citizenship development program of the Ramon Aboitiz Foundation Inc. – Eduardo Aboitiz Development Studies Center, which aims to develop the youth to become responsible and accountable leaders and pro-active citizens who are ready to serve the public and its interests.
This is done through experiential learning sessions, community visits, immersions, project development, and project implementation anchored on the theme Urban Development with emphasis on Disaster Preparedness and Humanitarian Response.
How to join?
Form a team of five (5) members under one of the following categories:
• Generation A : 17-20 years old
• Generation B : 12-16 years old
Accomplish the following:
- Completed team application form (YMA Application Form 01)
- Letter of recommendation and support from any of the following: school, barangay, office/organization, church, or whatever group the team is representing indicating their willingness and commitment to monitor the team and ensure that they abide by the rules and comply with the requirements of YMA.
- A Team Accountability Partner who shall serve as a team partner, ensuring and monitoring the team’s compliance in YMA requirements.
- Completed individual application form (YMA Application Form 02)
- Completed medical review and release of liability form (YMA Application Form 03)
- Certified true copy of birth certificate
- An essay on “What citizenship means to me” in no more than 300 words (Arial, 11, double spaced, short bond paper)
- A counterpart contribution of:
- - Public High School Students and Out-of-School Youth - Php600
- - State Universities/ Colleges Students- Php800
- - Private Schools (High School and College) Students - Php1,000
Submit completed application forms and requirements to RAFI for short listing and screening. You may mail or submit in person at the following address:
The Executive Director
Eduardo Aboitiz Development Studies Center
Ramon Aboitiz Foundation, Inc.
35 Lopez Jaena St. Cebu City 6000
Deadline for application is on March 7, 2015.
Get your application forms from the Eduardo Aboitiz Development Studies Center, 35 Lopez Jaena St., Cebu City or download them at www.rafi.org.ph/yma-application.
For your queries, please feel free to contact us through Jenny Lea Tan at 418-7234 loc 112 or 09233550980 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tweet me @jayseeblabs
Follow me on Instagram @jayseeblabs
Like the Facebook page for awesome posts and photos @jayseeblabs
LIKE JayseeBlabs on Facebook to be updated on articles that will change your life!
For more awesome stuff, keep reading through Jaysee Blabs