Of Choosing Your Battles: Raw Sunday Reflections

If there is one thing that should be taught to grade school formative years, I would give two. One is financial independence and the other is introductory courses about the Real World. There are so many things the world after childhood has not prepared me for, and looking back, it made me become a better and bigger person but unfortunately, a bruised one at best. 

You’ll learn so much living with kids than you’ll ever do with adults actually. Their point of views in life are simple, raw and the most ethical ways you can ever take. I had a conversation with my niece a few days ago and aside from the usual kulitan we dropped into a serious note that left me blown away, she sighed about how hard it is to find true friends. I was saddened by that fact but a part of me felt glad since she would be able to treasure true friends for a lifetime the moment she finds one at a very young age.

 St. Alphonsus Mary Liguori Parish Magallanes Church


I am blessed to have friends who are as close to my heart as family. But sadly I had left all of them in Cebu and some of them have flown to different parts of the globe. I would be forever grateful of how social media bridges that gap and I could still continue to make daily connections as if they are just a stone’s throw away. After working in ruthless cities where everyone is driven by ambition, I’ve come to realize that you actually have to choose the people you associate yourself with. I grew up from conservative Catholic educational institutions that taught us values of befriending and trying to please everyone. But the real world doesn’t operate that way. Do good things and some people would only look at your flaws but do good anyway.

There will always be those kind of people whose guts you will never learn to love, even like for the least; those people who will try to defame or insult you and those people who you thought are your friends but will turn situations around and make you appear like you are the bad guy in a whiplash. I am not saying that people are mean but I am just saying that they will do everything to serve their interest. It is something adults aparently do. And there is nothing wrong with that but only when it crushes another soul.

 St. Alphonsus Mary Liguori Parish Magallanes Church
Word of caution as someone who have gained lifetime treasures of friends and someone who has been mistreated by wolves in sheepskins every now and then: choose your battles. I learned that after having a hearty lunch with my closest friend in the office after a long day. Silence may be the best way to go sometimes. You will never win a battle where the stakeholders do not support your cause. They may play safe because they have ambitions to feed but one thing is for sure, just when you thought a place became what it is today because people are forthright and frank, you may be wrong. I’ve come to realize that progress came to some people because they did not choose to fight for what they believe. Pop culture would define them as sipsip or maybe they are the ones who are just waiting for the others to fall.

Again, be careful with people you associate with because they might be the same people who are looking up to you when the world crucifies you on a cross. Just ask Jesus, he is the authority when it comes to defining how treacherous the world could be, even if you are armed with your purest of intentions of making the world a better place.
 St. Alphonsus Mary Liguori Parish Magallanes Church

Life is daily war in itself and to make it through, you need to have loyal soldiers by your side. It will take time to weed them out but once you get rid of toxic people in your life, you will surely live a life of awesomeness and nothing but true happiness. Have a blessed Sunday!





 St. Alphonsus Mary Liguori Parish Magallanes Church




Photos featuring the St. Alphonsus Mary Liguori Parish Magallanes Church


LIKE JayseeBlabs on Facebook for more articles that will change your life!

VISIT JayseeBlabs at www.jaysee.me 

For more awesome stuff, keep reading through Jaysee Blabs

Popular posts from this blog

Lighting a Dark Society: Rizal's Brindis Speech Reaction

QQ English School expands into awesome super school in Cebu

My Ultimate Sinulog Experience and Different Reflections