Selfies at Awesome Overlooked BGC Art Masterpieces

Taguig is nothing like what you see in indie films, documentaries and news reports you see on TV featuring Metro Manila. It brandishes the best places to live, work and play in the country today. 

Living costs are worth it since you really can’t put a price on security, convenience and artful stylish living that can make use of your creative frugal skills. In fact, business districts here are comparable to Venice and New York. Worth moving out into, I must say. Like any beautiful places, it is dotted with great art installations that sadly doesn't get the attention they deserve.

"Kasaysayan Bawat Oras Art Piece." There are beautiful art installations from where I work, the Bonifacio Global City (BGC). It is made of reinforced brass sheet and cement and after searching online found out that it is actually a "sundial-slash-educational playground." This sundial, which is actually a functional time guide, serves as a "metaphor for Philippine history" and the art style, materials and color scheme perfectly blends in the modern architecture that envelopes it.




"Transformation." A walk away from the office is a lighted sculpture of three stacked laminated glasses. Beautifully lit from the inside and incorporating a system of cascading water set in a fountain pool, this art form really makes you think and what makes it personal is that it does have different interpretations to anyone who appreciates it. For me it looked like buildings sprouting from the ground which is metaphoric to the economy of the country today which is reaping the foundations set from the previous administration.






And here's an unnamed art pieces just outside my office building. If you guys know it, please let me know. But the way I see it, it depicts the arrival of voyagers to our land, the story of Mactan perhaps. It is poetic, the lines are fluid, and the movement is dynamic.




These installations all over the metro are probably the most overlooked. Little do we know about how much went through from the proposal and creative thought process and beyond. Kudos to the artists, their engineers, workers and the firms behind these. Continue to make the city's capital a cradle of world-class beauty. If you know the artists, please comment below so I may give where credit is due.

I can only wonder and get struck in silence since people here don't seem to mind them. And since I am trying to fit in, it is best to act like the locals and keep my ignorance in check. There are ways to appreciate them like blogging or Instagramming them anyway. But if I have my way, I could stare at it for hours and never even flinch. That's what I used to do when I go out on my own anyway. Maybe because I love art by heart but I think it is more reminiscent of loving where I am in my life today.

There are more art installations and spots I have yet to check out so watch out for it!

Follow Official Taguig Twitter for traffic updates:
https://twitter.com/IloveTaguig1

Like Official Taguig Facebook Page latest government programs:
https://www.facebook.com/taguigcity

Thanks Jobelle and Mama Z and Geraldine for the photos above!




LIKE JayseeBlabs on Facebook for more articles that will change your life!

VISIT JayseeBlabs at www.jaysee.me 

For more awesome stuff, keep reading through Jaysee Blabs

Share This

LIKE THIS POST!