Do you have what it takes to be the next Happiest Pinoy?
Cebu is known for many things—fine beaches, historical and religious landmarks, thriving trade industry, and exotic delicacies and cuisines. This year, Cebu can be the home of the next Happiest Pinoy.
The search for the Happiest Pinoy 2012 is already on and you can be this lucky winner. Out of 95 million hopeful Pinoys in the country, only one will be chosen.
A project of Cebuana Lhuillier Insurance Solutions, Inc. (CLIS), the Happiest Pinoy seeks and recognizes the country’s most optimistic and passionate Filipinos who overcame difficulties and exhibited resilience amid life’s challenges, without losing their cheerful attitude.
If you know any Filipino aged 18 and above who has an optimistic outlook in life, an unwavering cheerful disposition, a capacity to rise above life’s challenges and the ability to give a positive impact on the lives of those around him or her, then you can nominate that person to the contest. Five finalists will be chosen, but only one will receive the title of Happiest Pinoy 2012 and a PhP250,000 cash prize, tax-free.
Entries should depict the life story and exemplary traits of the nominee, feature the elements that make the candidate constantly optimistic and happy and show how he or she has demonstrated resilience and inner strength in times of crisis.
Started in 2009, the Happiest Pinoy rekindled Filipino values of optimism, hope and resilience in times of strife, bringing inspiring stories and outstanding citizens, including that of winner Winston Maxino.
Maxino won the Happiest Pinoy 2009 for being an optimistic but sharp corporate executive despite being diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis, osteoporosis, asthma and uveitis.
If you think you—or someone you know and look up to—have what it takes to be the next Happiest Pinoy, check out the website http://www.happiest-pinoy.com/ for more details and contest mechanics. This might be the chance for that sunny disposition to pay off and gain recognition.
Guidelines and Mechanics
I. Nomination to the Search
1. Any Filipino of legal age, good moral character and residing in the Philippines may be nominated.
2. Any Filipino of legal age, group or organization registered by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) may nominate.
3. Nominations are accepted from October 21, 2011 to May 30, 2012.
II. Submission of Nominees
1. Secure on-line nomination forms and upload entries to www.happiest-pinoy.com.
2. Send accomplished forms to Cebuana Lhuillier Insurance Solutions (CLIS) Head Office, 821 A. Spring corner J.P. Rizal Streets, Makati City.
III. Criteria for Judging
1. A constantly cheerful face and optimistic outlook.
2. Proven ability to rise above life’s challenges.
3. Positive impact in the lives of others.
IV. Selection Process
1. A Screening Committee composed of PJ Lhuillier Group Officers/Managers will shortlist nominees from all Regions in the country.
2. The entries of Top 20 Semi-Finalists will be forwarded to the Board of Judges who will select and interview the Top 10 Finalists.
3. The names of Top 10 Finalists will be announced in the Philippine Daily Inquirer and BusinessMirror until the “Happiest Pinoy” is named by the Board of Judges on or before June 30, 2012.
V. Contest Prizes – All cash prizes are tax-free :
1. “Happiest Pinoy” Winner- P 250,000.00 + Trophy
2. Nine (9) Runners-Up : P 25,000.00 each + Trophy
VI. Board of Judges (in alphabetical order)
1. Ms Carmencita T. Abella, President/CEO, Ramon Magsaysay Award Foundation (RMAF)
2. Bro. Armin Luistro FSC, Secretary, Department of Education, Culture, and Sports (DECS)
3. Mr Jose Miguel G. Jimenez, Chief Administrative Officer, PJLI Group of Companies (PJLI)
4. Mr Winston A. Maxino, 2010 Happiest Pinoy, General Manager, Green Earth Power and Energy Corporation
5. Mr Efren Penaflorida, 2009 CNN Hero of the Year
6. Dr Leticia Ramos-Shahani, President, Brahma Kumaris Foundation Philippines, former Senator/Ambassador
7. Ms Mel C. Tiangco, Chief Operating Officer, GMA 7 Kapuso Foundation, Inc.
8. Dr Bernardo Villegas, Senior Vice President, University of the Asia and the Pacific (UA&P)
9. Mr Miguel F. Zubiri, Govermor, Philippine National Red Cross (PNRC), former Senator
VII. Announcement of Winners
The Top 10 Finalists will be presented to the media and “Happiest Pinoy” will be announced during a gala dinner in July 25, 2012 at Shangri-la Makati.
The decision of the Board of the Judges is final and unappealable.
Employees of PJ Lhuillier Inc. and its partner agencies, including their relatives up to the second degree of consanguinity or affinity are disqualified from joining the Nationwide Search for the Happiest Pinoy 2012.
|The Executives of Cebuana Lhullier Insurance and the Cebu Media and Bloggers at the launching of the project|
at the Laguna Garden Cafe.
Here is the Making of the Happiest Pinoy video presentation:
For more awesome stuff, keep reading through Jaysee Blabs